Common Sexual Problems in Men & Women
Sexual problems can arise at any stage of sexual activity,which prevents the individual from enjoying sexual activity.The causes of sexual difficulties may be psychological,physical or both.
Sexual disorders are classified into four categories
1. Sexual desire disorder- May be due to the decrease in the normal production of estrogens and testosterone.Other causes being ageing,fatigue and pregnancy.Some psychological causes such as Anxiety and Depression also causes low libido.
2. Sexual Arousal disorder- Grouped as frigidity in women and impotence in male.
Impotence now known as erectile dysfunction is characterised by difficulty to maintain erection of penis during sexual activity.
3. Orgasm disorder- Is a delay or absence of orgasm following the normal sexual excitement phase.It occurs in both male and female.
4. Sexual pain disorder- It mostly affects the women,known as
Dysparuinia known as painful intercourse caused due to insufficient lubrication.
Vaginismus known as spasm of muscles of vaginal wall.
Some common symptoms:
In men are:
- Absence of ejaculation.
- Inability to maintain time of ejaculation.
- Difficulty getting erection.
In women are:
- Low libido.
- Difficulty reaching orgasm.
- Burning pain in vulva or vagina.
- Inadequate vaginal lubrication.
Physical factors in sexual difficulties:
- Enlarged prostate gland
- Endocrine disorders.
- Harmonal changes.
- Drugs such as alcohol,nicotine,narcotics.
- Nerve damage.